OOC for GRC

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Re: OOC for GRC

Post by ThreeBFour » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:40 pm

kanila wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:35 pm
There has to be a Jaeger Bomb equivalent... That would be hilarious too give a Jawa!
Renamed the Jawa-bomb!!!

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:36 pm

Only disasters can come of this.... Lets do it!
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:20 pm

ThreeBFour wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:38 pm
I kinda left the loan shark vague mainly to allow our GM a way to build him into the story however he wanted. I think Boutrose 's story-line allows for a good starting point as to how the rest of us met him/her/it (just realized how few female loan sharks are in stories).
Yea I left the loan shark vague for just that reason, but I thought it would provide good justification for why we were loaned the money in the first place, as well as making sure vo would be invested despite being an alcoholic who wants to not do anything
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:18 am

Whenever you guys are ready to advance to the station just call up Issagra Station and I'll advance the story.

I don't want to deprive you of this great RP opportunity.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:06 am

Hey guys, so I recall from our initial discussion we had talked about how vo was going to drunkenly talk Buimo into buying the ship, but that was before kal joined us, are we shifting things now, because kal’s Post ic makes it seem like he masterminded the whole plan, which I don’t mind but I also didn’t see it in the character profile and I was surprised by it.
(Never mind I just reread the character sheet I see it in the backstory)

Can we get some clarification on how kal wants it to work out ooc? I wrote vo’s backstory with the idea that he came up with the idea of springing runt, do you want to have sol have latched onto that plan after hearing it or do you want him to have planted the idea before hand?

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:26 pm

What if we leave it vague? We were all so hammered, no one really remembers who first proposed the idea? You both have reasons you might have proposed we form a racing team, but it's unclear whose initial idea it was. That would also open the door for Kanila to have us learn later down the line that the idea actually came from some as-of-yet unrevealed third party who has motivations of his or her own to get us into debt or to start a racing outfit.

This version of events would just require both of you to add a few words to your backstories. "Unfortunently ships are expensive, luckily he ran into some other unhappy souls while working on ships traversing the galaxy. After a bender one night, he's somehow convinced them to buy a ship and become a racing team. At least, that's how he remembers the events...."

And Boutrose would just need to write Sol into his backstory a bit to indicate we were drinking with him, as well.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:50 pm

Yea I meant to write sol in after I realized I had forgotten him in the first place

Edit:
That night he was getting drunk with Buimo and another fellow from the ship named Sol and he was talking about how frustrated he was about not being able to do anything when everything seemed to black out and next thing he knew he was in a ship with Buimo and the stowaway and he was being told that they had bought it together.
fixed this last part in the backstory to include sol and make it clear that it could have been anyone suggesting anything, but I did realize while rereading this part that vo is an alcoholic and probably doesn't black out too easily and definitely not this early and when he can get his wits together he might start thinking that someone drugged him.

Currently on Dubai time

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:32 pm

Runt has no idea if our benefactor is friends with Jaba, but to him it makes sense.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:56 pm

As far as Runt knows Jabba owns EVERYTHING!

Kal Drahr
Scruffy-looking Nerf-herder

Post by Kal Drahr » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:58 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:06 am
Can we get some clarification on how kal wants it to work out ooc? I wrote vo’s backstory with the idea that he came up with the idea of springing runt, do you want to have sol have latched onto that plan after hearing it or do you want him to have planted the idea before hand?
I think you're idea works well.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:02 pm

kanila wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:56 pm
As far as Runt knows Jabba owns EVERYTHING!
This is true!!

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:28 pm

Buimo's searching for a bill of sale, some document on the computers that tells us who owns the ship and who underwrote its purchase. (I'm assuming it'll list us all as co-owners, but it should also reveal just how deeply we're in debt and to what person or agency.)

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:53 pm

Kal Drahr wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:58 pm
Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:06 am
I think you're idea works well.
Sounds good, kal I’m going to have vo ask who the loan shark was and why they fronted them the loan, there are two pieces written into vo’s back story about this but since he was black out drunk there’s no way he would know them or be able to offer the information.

The best response might be that sol is not sure but that vo vouched for them after taking us there and that the LS was happy to front the money after Vo gave them a slip for collateral.

This maintains the vagueness of the LS for kanilla to work with later while still letting vo know how much his drinking has screwed all of us over.

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:57 pm

Similarly, the sale documents don't necessarily need to mention the loanshark by name. They might also list a bank or a vague organization name. It depends on how Kanila wants to run things.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:57 pm
Similarly, the sale documents don't necessarily need to mention the loanshark by name. They might also list a bank or a vague organization name. It depends on how Kanila wants to run things.
The loan shark would probably have like a nickname or familiar alias in order to avoid detection.

Also as soon as vo finds out how much he’s screwed up he’s just going to push his way past everyone else and down one of those bottles of corellian ale.

Currently on Dubai time

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:05 pm

Also sorry that I’m having vo be so aggressive right now, im portraying his as dealing with the shock of all this, he is going to quiet down a great deal, espeacially after he starts to accept that this is just the path fate has chosen for him and that sol was simply the instrument though which date opporated to give him a kick in the ass.

Currently on Dubai time

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:12 pm

Post is up. Who originally knew the loan shark? They will recognize the name.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:16 pm

Vo did, though whether kal wants sol to have also known them and used vo’s familiarity to steer them towards there or if they want sol to have just been fishing and then have vo drunkenly offer the information doesn’t matter, I’m fine with both and it depends on what kal wants for sol’s character development.

Also buimo will have to tell the rest of us the name since I know vo is definitely distracted.

Currently on Dubai time

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:23 pm

No problem. If you want to recall details about your friendly neighborhood loan shark just ask and I'll drop it here... Or if you would rather keep that info close to your chest I can send a pm. Up to you.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:46 pm

kanila wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:23 pm
No problem. If you want to recall details about your friendly neighborhood loan shark just ask and I'll drop it here... Or if you would rather keep that info close to your chest I can send a pm. Up to you.
I’ll probably want to recall some stuff, send a pm for now, depending on what he recalls I’ll have to decide who I want to share it with, I can’t imagine vo is feeling all that trusting at the moment given the situation.

Currently on Dubai time

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:56 pm

That's why I made it optional. Also based on backgrounds I'm going to attempt to work up something for everyone....

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:42 am

Good ol' Runt! Nothing can get his spirit down!

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:04 am

kanila wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:42 am
Good ol' Runt! Nothing can get his spirit down!
NEVER!!!
Well, maybe except Tusken Raiders, The Sarlaac, and Krayt Dragons

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:05 am

Haha

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:15 am

Love the info from the pm kanilla this will help me with what to say

Currently on Dubai time

Return to “Discussion”