Episode I: Racing Debut

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
Spiritbw
Flyboy

Re: Episode I: Racing Debut

Post by Spiritbw » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:14 pm

“Good evenin gentle beings. Nice to see you again Aziz.” Tarko nods in greeting as he joins the table,” I suppose introductions are in order. Tarko’talik, Pleased to be working with you all.”

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:58 am

Aziz stands on his chair and claps his hands. "Introduction time!" You all know Dagger. This is Rorreka!" He says as he points at the Wookie. And then quickly turns to the little old lady. "And here is Betty! Your turn!" Aziz then plops down in his seat grabbing his drink and slurping it loudly. "Oh come now deary, manners! You have guests! I'm so sorry loves. Aziz has the manners of a Tusken Raider." Betty chimes in giving Aziz a stern look which quiets the slurping. Rorreka just produces a low growl while nodding.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:32 am

"Name's Buimo!" says the Iakaru. "Copilot on the Exiles' Redemption. How do you all know Aziz?"

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:21 am

Betty waves her hand dismissively before continuing her knitting. "Wherever my Dagger Valentine goes I follow. Can't let him get too far away, the poor dear would be lost without me." Dagger rolls his eyes when Betty claimed him. "Betty don't lie to them. You are only following me for the money."
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:32 am

Vo sits down and then makes a signal to the tender at the bar that he and Runt would like two of the same drinks from last night. Then he turns around while hearing the banter of Dagger and Betty and smiles, "Well you two do seem like quite the close pair," he chuckles a bit, "I would have even guessed family."
He leans forward, one arm on the table in front of him, "I'm Vo Cari and I'm the Pilot of the Exiles' Redemption, It is good to meet you."
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:14 am

”Nice to meet you all. If you don’t mind me asking, how did you all get involved in the Soaring Ronto?”Tarko asks as he settles into on of the seats with the group. He takes one where he can still keep an eye on most of the bar if need be.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:37 pm

Dagger speaks up again to clarify. "Aziz has been providing me with reliable transportation so that I can use my particular talents to pay off some old debts. Betty has been following me for longer than I care to remember making her own fortune off of my work. But Rorreka is relatively new, not sure how long she will be staying with us till she is called back to her original line of work." Dagger simply leaving Rorreka's connection vague.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:22 pm

"Great to meet you all," Buimo grins. "I've done about a thousand different jobs across the galaxy; race copilot's only the most recent. What's your line of work, Rorreka?"

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:23 pm

"Acquisitions." Was Rorreka's response.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:53 pm

"Acquisitions? Me like acquiring stuff. How you do that? Me like to play with stuff too. Can me do both?" Runt rattles off excitedly to Rorreka as he stands on the booth seat between Buimo and Vo.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:43 pm

Vo smiles, "Acquisitions huh, I've transported some acquisitions in my time."

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:11 pm

"Well, acquisitions are kind of what we were hoping you might help us with, Aziz," Buimo says. "We're looking to upgrade the Redemption, and we wondered if you might know where we could get starship parts."

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:04 am

"Yes, yes," Runt nods enthusiastically. "Parts to make ship better, fastest ship."

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:49 am

"Most definitely I will help! You need help with the install when we find the part yes?" Aziz is clearly excited to help with both finding the part and installing it.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:50 pm

"My acquisitions don't fall in line with Imperial standards. So I'm taking some time off from that.... at least for the time being." Rorreka clearly has more to say but is refusing to for the time being.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:43 am

Vo gives Rorreka a knowing nod to indicate that he can wait til the appropriate time to hear more.

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:53 am

Buimo takes a swig. "Excellent! Yes, Mr. Aziz, maybe we should look for those parts after a celebratory drink?"

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:45 pm

"Yes, drinks! Then we look for parts!" Aziz waves the bartender to bring drinks to the table. "One round of drinks for friends!

After thedrinks are brought and consumed, Aziz leads those looking for parts to a few shops. The rest of his crew leave to do their own stuff. After browsing around for a while they are able to locate the parts they were looking for. "Which ones are you going to pick? All good parts. They will make your ship better!" Aziz is clearly excited to see what you pick so that the parts can be installed.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:11 pm

With Aziz's help, the group finds a new ion drive and an upgraded computer to help with slicing attempts. "Nice work, gents! We should be in even better shape for our next race. Uh... once we install this stuff."

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:05 pm

"Yes yes! Now for fun part!" The shop keeper graciously offers to send the parts to the hangar for you. You believe that is mostly just to get the two Jawas out of his shop rather than to be generous.

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:36 pm

”I guess this is Runts chance to shine.”Tarko agrees feeling pretty happy with having gotten the parts at a discount,” Still, sooner we get stuck in, the sooner we’ll be off to the next race.”

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:34 pm

The group makes is way back to the hangar, really traversing the crowds. It doesn't take long for the parts to arrive and the install is fairly painless.

Looking through the information, the Slicing Computer even has room for some upgrades of its own. With the work done, Aziz leaves to go pick up the racing uniforms that he had promised the crew. With the crew of the Exiles' Redemption finally free of outsiders they could plan their next move.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:02 pm

It having been a while since his last drink Vo heads over to the pantry and pours himself a glass of the Corellian Brandy that has almost run out, “we’ll need to stock up”
Spoiler:
Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:41 pm
kanila wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:33 pm
Well as far as having a stocked bar... It probably was before you all got on board! Roll a D10 and you'll have that many bottles leftover of Corellian Ale.

The varied motivations definitely are a plus. Leads more avenues for you to venture down between races.
5 bottles, if you check my history it will show a previous roll where I had the die set to 10
But forgot to put the number of die so it didn’t give a result, but I wanted to be up front about it.
Turning to the other with drink in hand, “so boys, it seems that we need to find the next race. We need to keep winning if we want to keep our debtors off our backs. If Sol we’re here he might know where to go, but honestly I don’t know anything about the legitimate racing circuit.”

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:27 pm

"Me neither," Buimo says. "Maybe we call up Mal and see where he might need some swoops delivered? Try and gulate to see if there are any races at those places."

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:57 am

Vo takes a drink and nods, "You know Buimo that's a great idea, and we can also go to him with some information in hand. The race officials aren't exactly stingy with the amount of info they are providing, maybe we can get a list of upcoming races and cross-reference them with potential shipments that Mal has for us."

Currently on Dubai time

Return to “The Story”