Episode I: Racing Debut

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
kanila
Jedi Initiate

Re: Episode I: Racing Debut

Post by kanila » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:02 am

Aziz looked to the crew of the Exiles' Redemption. "So is it a deal? Need time to think?"
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:38 am

Tarko responds to Aziz,“Would that be alright? I think we need a little bit to reach a consensus. We are a team after all.”

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:49 am

Aziz waves his hand dismissively. "That's fine. We have things to do on the station. We will be here a few days. Just contact me by comlink." He passes along his frequency and waits to see if anything else is going to be discussed.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:44 am

Vo is in a corner, leaning against the bulkhead, a cup of caf from the galley in his hand to help bring the edges of the world back into focus. He had been listening intently, trying to not make rash decisions, because it was those same decisions that had gotten him in this situation from the start. The race had been good, it had awoken something in him that he thought was dead, but he couldn't let it go to his head. He had to make sure he kept his cool so that he could keep his freedom. A calculated choice needed to be made. Aziz thinks h had the upper hand, eh.

Standing up with Caf in hand, Vo gestures towards their would be benefactor. "Aziz, you ever hear of the Blockade run of Zolan by the Pilot of the Light-freighter A'tuin?"
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:38 pm

Aziz scratches his head in thought. "Should I know that? I don't deal in blockade running."

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:11 pm

kanila wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:38 pm
Aziz scratches his head in thought. "Should I know that? I don't deal in blockade running."
"You said before that we were rude because we thought we were the best after winning one race, making the mistake that this is the first time that we have raced because it is the first time you have heard of us, but we have experience with races far more difficult than this."

Vo took a look at the contents of his cup before taking a sip of his caf, "I was the pilot of the A'Tuin, I ran the blockade at Zolan, and my record of ships outpaced include the best the empire has to offer, not just the amateurs in this racing circuit. I do not mean to brag or to put on airs, pretending to be better than everybody else, but I wanted to let you know what you would be investing in and to let you know that when you bet on us, you are making the smart choice."

Currently on Dubai time

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:19 pm

Aziz looks at the crew, clearly hesitating before finally answering. "You no longer smuggle and run blockades do you? I don't think I want my company associated with smuggling."

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:41 pm

Vo looks off a bit forlorn before he speaks, “Those days are in the past, and now I must live in the present,” then he fixes his gaze on Aziz, “but the skills I developed are just as much a part of me as they were then, and if you saw our race the you can tell by how much we outpaced our competition that I am a different class of racer. Put your trust in my team and we won’t let you or your company down.”

Currently on Dubai time

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:48 pm

"Ok. You need time to talk. When you are ready to make a decision let me know."

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:48 am

(Assuming some time later after the meeting,)

Tarko’talik fires up the comm to see about contacting their two would be sponsors.

”Aziz? The crew has talked it over and we’re happy to have you as our sponsor. We’re looking forward to a wonderful working relationship with you and the Soaring Ronto Trading company.”

“Mal? We talked it over and while we decided to decline your offer of sponsorship. However we are still willing to consider handling shipping for you between races if you’re feeling amicable.”

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:12 pm

"Utini! We must celebrate! Come to the Blue Harvest, you can meet the rest of my crew!" Aziz is clearly happy with the team's pick.

"Well that is too bad to hear. But I'm sure we can work out a working relationship regardless. I'll be in touch." Even though Mal wasn't happy about not being selected. Though you could hear that he was happy about the delivery arrangement.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:59 am

kanila wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:12 pm
"Utini! We must celebrate! Come to the Blue Harvest, you can meet the rest of my crew!" Aziz is clearly happy with the team's pick.
Buimo shrugs and grins. "Shall we? Maybe he can give us some pointers on where to get a higher-output turbine for this baby. Or maybe a better computer?"

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:58 am

“I’m in. It’d be good to know we are working with,” Tarko chimes in as he’s shutting down the comms,”In addition to parts we’re going to need more capital. Mal is a good start but the more options. Our debts aren’t going to pay themselves.”

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:34 am

Vo nods, "Well I can tell you if you are interested in making more money than there are other forms of shipping we can also try and entertain the possibility of."

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:44 am

"Less talking, more walking, gents! To the Blue Harvest!"

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:47 pm

As they start walking to the bar Vo continues his line of thought in a bit more of a hushed tone, "I'm just saying, If we already have an above board cargo, it can be a lot easier to also bring along a more profitable one in spaces we might not usually use if you get what I am hinting at. It's especially true if we have an above board sponsor as well. "

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:11 pm

"I don't know, Vo. Might end up biting us in the bum. Seems Aziz is dead-set against the idea. Why don't we check with Mal first? See about bringing some swoops?"

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:36 pm

"I got agree there. The racing association also checks for smuggling compartments and is trying to be legit. We get caugjt with those on a ship...", Tarko shakes his head," We have to play it straight. If we get another ship for use in the race or to do heavy hauling it might be able to revisit the idea."

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:58 pm

"Just a thought"

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:04 am

"Vo just misses the days of blockade running!" Buimo shoulders Vo, forcing the Mirialan to veer off course for a bit. "We gotta run races, at least for now. So where was that Blue Harvest...?"

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:26 am

“Those will have to be a story for another time. As for the Blue Harvest, should be right over there.”

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:53 am

Entering the Blue Harvest, you can see that it is just as full as it was when you were there earlier. Even with the crowd you can easily spot Aziz thanks to Dagger sticking out like a sore thumb.

Aziz waves at your group once he notices you enter. Besides the Jawa and the Barabel, you can also see a female Wookie and a little old human lady. As you make your way over you also catch a view of the two pilots you made your bet with drinking in a booth towards the back of the cantina.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:31 pm

Buimo waves to Aziz and holds up a finger as if to say, 'One second.' He heads over the bartender and orders a round of drinks for the rival racers at their table. As the racer heads back over toward Aziz's table, he gives a nod to the rival racers. He then moves over to the Jawa and his companions. "Aziz! Good to see you again!"

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:00 am

"Yes yes new friends have a seat! You can meet more new friends!" Like before he is speaking very fast and excitedly as he morons for everyone to sit. Thanks to knowing your own Jawa, he is barely understandable. As you get closer you can see that Dagger appears to be wearing a bacta patch under his right eye as well as a few on his arms. It looks like he had been in a fight since the last time you saw him.

Aziz seems to be waiting for your group to get comfortable before beginning his introductions. The Wookie gave everyone a cursory glance but appears to be studying the other patrons of the Blue Harvest. The little old lady is wearing what looks like a fan girl shirt that is bright pink with 'I heart Dagger' on it, and is currently knitting a scarf. She periodically looks at each of you while she finishes he knitting.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:52 am

"Hi Aziz, hi Dagger, hi little human lady, hi lady wookie" Runt rattles off quickly forgetting to wait for more introductions. Then turns to Buimo and Vo, "Can I's has one of those drinks the bar guy makes for me's when we's here's last night? Me likeded that."

Return to “The Story”