Piloting-Space(C)(Ag)
Skulduggery(C)(Cun) 1
Streetwise(C)(Cun) 1
Vigilance(C)(Will)
-Combat:
Ranged-Light(C)(Ag)
-Knowledge:(Int)
Underworld(C)

Motivation: Stepping into prominanace: Sol wants to step out of his father's shadow and be his own man,

Background: Born on Corellia into a racing family, his father was hardly ever around; he was always working on his team's sponsorships and races. Sol resented this for years and as an adult he wants nothing more than to beat his father at his own game. Unfortunently ships are expensive, luckily he ran into some other unhappy souls while working on ships traversing the galaxy and convinced them to buy a ship and become a racing team.
Last edited by Kal Drahr on Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:30 am, edited 4 times in total.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Re: Sol Arach

Post by kanila » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:17 pm

The image isn't showing.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Kal Drahr
Scruffy-looking Nerf-herder

Post by Kal Drahr » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:13 pm

I know, I'm currently working on resolving the issue

XP: 120
-CharGen: 120
-Earned: 0
-Available: 0
Obligation:
-Debt: 15
-Price of a Name: 5(His father, Jupiter Arach, is also a race team manager who makes millions every year by working for the The Blastriders, one of the top 25 teams in the galaxy, thus everyone who knows about his father expects him to just as well
Equipment:
-Blaster Pistol
-Heavy Clothing
-Comlink

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:16 pm

Kal, is the idea for this character to be a fixer? Our sneaky type? We have a navigator, pilot, and tech, and could use a fixer, face, or slicer. Maybe a fighter, too.

Also keep in mind that we've established that we've all kind of stumbled into being racers after a drunken bender. If your character comes from a racing family, that might mean you were the one who talked us all into buying the starship, but I think Boutrose might have been thinking of having his character play that role. He should have a concept up soon.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:32 pm

My character as a scoundrel could expand into being a pilot/fixer later on, if this is what Kal wants to pursue, honestly I love the gadgeteer since its a very generalist jack of all trades type of specialization that combines combat, some mech, and some social, with piloting as a career skill if not one that is supported by talents.

honestly, the way we are all starting out as nobodies I like us being a little inept, it really matches our backstory and for that reason i don't think its terribly necessary that we have all our bases covered at the beginning, also if kal wants to expand into piloting later then the bh has the benefit of having one of the dedicated pilot specs.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:55 pm

That's true; if we ever expand to flying multiple ships, we'll need everyone to at least have a point or so in Piloting (Space). My concern was more with stepping on your character's toes as far as having some background related to racing. I like the idea that Sol comes from a racing family and has something to prove to his father, but I know you had considered having your own character be related to racing in some way. On the other hand, your shared links to racing may explain why you two hit it off on the luxury liner and became friends in the first place.

(Not trying to stomp on anyone's character concepts; just trying to keep our communal backstory consistent!)

Kal Drahr

Post by Kal Drahr » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:10 pm

Sorry for the confusion guys, Sol is a Smuggler(Scoundrel) being the main face of the party. I originally thought about having him be a Gadgeteer, but was looking through my books and saw the Scoundrel talent tree and description and decided it fit my vision for him even better after I looked the the other characters.

As for him convincing the others, he probably invited the others out for a night on the town with him paying and once he decjded they were good and drunk, convinced them to help him buy and maintain the ship.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:53 pm

Lol we’re a couple of smugglers then lol, but that shouldn’t be a problem, I’m going with smuggler pilot and we can use that to tie our characters back stories into each other.

My plans for advancement in the future are either starship captain or force adherent from the universal or to go with smuggler charmer, but that could change depending on role play, for now I don’t see any conflict between our characters roles or see one cropping up in the future.

Currently on Dubai time

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:30 pm

Just want you all to know I appreciate you guys. I've been watching and you make my job as a GM an easy one! Glad everyone can work this sort of stuff out and still enjoy the game.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:45 pm

of course, as members of a tabletop group, the goal is to maximize the enjoyment of everyone and we're all mature adults here so the gm shouldn't have to babysit us or make sure we are following rule number one of collaborative gaming. making sure everyone can share in the enjoyment is a responsibility we all share.

Currently on Dubai time

Kal Drahr

Post by Kal Drahr » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:56 pm

Agreed.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:00 am

Still it's worth mentioning, plus I wanted you to know it hasn't gone unnoticed.

Kal Drahr

Post by Kal Drahr » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:40 am

Am I ready to post in Dramatis?

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:10 am

Update the main post with backgrounds/obligation/motivation

Kal Drahr

Post by Kal Drahr » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:31 am

kanila wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:10 am
Update the main post with backgrounds/obligation/motivation
Motivation & background added; I'll add obligation to the main post in dramatis. Its already been written out in my second post.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:41 am

Approved

Return to “Character Concepts”