https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdljvqaoj9gvx ... n.xml?dl=0
SteampunkJawa.jpg
SteampunkJawa.jpg (7.53 KiB) Viewed 1982 times
Name ... “Runt” Nwala’nuloo
Species ... Jawa
Career ... Technician
Specialization ... Modder
Duty ... Debt (15): Loan Shark for Ship, Exile (5): Jawa Clan
Motivation ... Innovation (Modification)
Characteristics … (30pts) Br 1, Ag 2, Int 3, Cun 3, Will 2, Pres 2
Derived Attributes...Soak Value 3 (1+2), Wounds 10, Strain 12 (10+2), Defenses 0/0,

Skills ... (30pts) Computers 2, Gunnery 1, Mechanics 3, Perception 2, Pilot: Planetary 1, Pilot: Space 1, Streetwise 1
(Racial +1R Mechanics)

Talents ... (40pts) Fancy Paint Job (10), Gearhead (10), Know Somebody (5), Resolve (5), Signature Vehicle(5), Tinkerer (5), Utinni (Racial)

Experience Points ... 10 spent, 0 unspent
Attributes (30) + Skills (30) + Talents (40)

Credits ... 34cr (500 standard + 2500 Obligation = 3,000)
Pocket Change....
Spoiler:
Jawa; Galactic Racing; Initial pocket change roll:
Numeric Roll: 1D100+=65
0 Success(es) added from talents or equipment
0 Advantage(s) added From talents or equipment
Encumbrance ... 14/16

Armor
Cresh “Luck” Armor: Soak 2, encum 1, 1hp R5 (1,000cr) (Adds an automatic Advantage to Vigilance checks)

Weapons
Multi-goo Gun: 2D R1 (2e) short range, Disorient 1, Ensnare 4, Knockdown, (250cr), (Gain automatic Advantage on Mechanics check to repair)
Explorer’s Knife: +1D 3cr R3 (2e) engaged (100cr), (Grants 1 Boost to all Survival checks)

Gear ...
Custom Toolkit (5e), Workshop Manual [KST-1000] (1e), Comlink (hand held), Scanner Goggles, Utility Belt, Breath Mask(1e), Emergency Repair Patches (x8), Modular Backpack (Increased Threshold x2), Glow Rod(1e), Datapad (1e), Loadbearing Gear, Spacesuit (Kept on board ship, but not with other equipment).

Background
He is called Runt by others because his actual Jawa name, Nwala'nuloo, is a pain to say, that and even by Jawa standards he is a little short.
The Tusken Raiders attacked at dawn. It was Runt's turn at watch along with his brother, but as usual Runt felt the need to tinker and had walked off to a small cleft in the nearby rocks to do so. The howling started shortly thereafter, followed quickly by the high pitch screams of his fellow clan-mates. Runt was too scared to move and didn't come out for over an hour, when he did he found that his brother and over twenty other Jawas had been killed by the Raiders. Even though he would probably have been slaughtered like the rest and the Tuskens would have still done the same thing, his clan blamed him for the attack and sent him into exile.
For the next few weeks Runt hung around the Mos Espa spaceport looking for work and trying to survive. He found his opportunity to escape his situation when the Glitterstar arrived. When the Luxury-liner landed and start disgorging tourists and started taking on some extra supplies Runt stepped up to help along with several other local Jawas. One of the crew pushed through the group separating Runt from the others, moving him closer to some of the crates. Runt took this as a sign that he was hired and grabbed a small crate taking it on board.
Over the next month Runt worked tirelessly fixing various items around the ship, using the ductwork and crawl spaces as his highways throughout the vessel. He even tried to help them find that weird smell he kept overhearing people talk about. The trouble started when he showed himself the chief engineer to ask for the part he needed to fix a broken ejection module for one of the lifeboats. Unfortunately for Runt the chief engineer quickly threw him in the brig.

Personality
Runt is easy going and ready to help others, but does suffer from attention deficit…..OH SHINY!!!!
The exception to this is when he’s working on his tinkering, whether on his own stuff or someone else’s unattended items, which means that no one really wants them, so they must be his.
Last edited by ThreeBFour on Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Re: Runt - Jawa Modder

Post by kanila » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:34 pm

Looks good! Approved.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:35 pm

Oh and your pocket change was Wook's fear roll.... FYI
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:17 pm

My only suggestion would be to spend those 70 points on Talents and Skills on Attributes instead. You could get a 4 in Intellect and another 3 somewhere. This is your only chance to raise your attributes, and talents and skills will come as we gain XP.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:12 am

kanila wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:35 pm
Oh and your pocket change was Wook's fear roll.... FYI
Fixed....sheeesh, I could have sworn I did the correct one. I rolled it yesterday, but wasn't ready for posting so I went back to History in the Roller and mixed them up.....lol

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:17 am

SavageBob wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:17 pm
My only suggestion would be to spend those 70 points on Talents and Skills on Attributes instead. You could get a 4 in Intellect and another 3 somewhere. This is your only chance to raise your attributes, and talents and skills will come as we gain XP.
This is a point and I'll re-look at him just to make sure, but I was enjoying him already as is being fairly well rounded as a tech.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:44 am

I did a 2nd version of Runt with upgrading his Int as Bob suggested. We will lose Fancy Paint Job for now. I'll list the top part of his sheet.

Species ... Jawa
Career ... Technician
Characteristics … (70pts) Br 1, Ag 2, Int 4, Cun 3, Will 2, Pres 2
Derived Attributes...Soak Value 3 (1+2), Wounds 10, Strain 12 (10+2), Defenses 0/0,

Skills ... (10pts) Computers 1, Gunnery 1, Mechanics 3, Perception 2, Pilot: Planetary 1,
(Racial +1R Mechanics)

Talents ... (20pts) Gearhead (10), Signature Vehicle(5), Tinkerer (5), Utinni (Racial)

Attributes (70) + Skills (10) + Talents (20)
Last edited by ThreeBFour on Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:46 am

ThreeBFour wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:44 am
I did a 2nd version of Runt with upgrading his Int as Bob suggested. We will lose Fancy Paint Job for now. I'll list the top part of his sheet.
Let me know what you guys think. Kanila I know you already approved the other version, but let me know which you like better.

Species ... Jawa
Career ... Technician
Characteristics … (70pts) Br 1, Ag 2, Int 4, Cun 3, Will 2, Pres 2

Skills ... (10pts) Computers 1, Gunnery 1, Mechanics 3, Perception 2, Pilot: Planetary 1,
(Racial +1R Mechanics)

Talents ... (20pts) Gearhead (10), Signature Vehicle(5), Tinkerer (5), Utinni (Racial)

Attributes (70) + Skills (10) + Talents (20)

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:50 am

Whenever you're happy Runt is approved.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:07 am

Yeah, PbP is a strange beast; it takes a lot longer in real-world time to get XP and buy stuff. But the nature of this game is that Attributes are really difficult to raise after character generation. If you prefer him in version 1, don't let me talk you out of it! My advice was purely from a maximization point of view, since you'll be more well rounded with a stronger attribute spread.

Return to “Character Concepts”