Buimo, Iakaru Fringer

Post by SavageBob » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:53 am

Buimo
Species: Iakaru
Homeworld: Iakar
Career: Explorer
Specializations: Fringer
Experience: 110
  • Character Creation: 110 (base for Iakaru + Obligation)
    Earned: 0
    Unspent: 0

Wound Threshold: 0/12 Strain Threshold: 0/12 Soak: 4 Defense: 0/0
    Encumbrance: 1/11

Brawn: 3 Agility: 3 Intellect: 3 Cunning: 3 Willpower: 2 Presence: 2

Skills: (All career) Astrogation 2, Cool 0, Coordination 0, Negotiation 0, Perception 1, Piloting (Space) 2, Streetwise 1, Survival 0, Knowledge (Lore) 0, Knowledge (Outer Rim) 1, Knowledge (Xenology) 0.

Talents:

[None]

Clothing & Armor

Heavy Clothing (Defense 0, Soak 1, 50, Encumb 1, HP 0, Rarity 0)
    Utility Belt (25, Encum –, Rarity 0; Encumbrance +1)
    Belt Pouch (10, Encum –, Rarity 1; holds 2 items of Encumbrance 0 that can be retrieved as incidental)

Carried

Comlink (25, Encum 0, Rarity 0)
    Sabacc Deck (40, Encum 0, Rarity 0)
    Spacer's Duffel (50, Encum —, Rarity 0; Encumbrance +2, Cumbersome 3)

Weapons

Light Blaster Pistol (Dam 5, Crit 4, Medium, Encum 1, HP 2, 300, Rarity 4, Stun setting)

Background

Buimo has a million stories to tell about life on the Rim. He must have been hopping from one freighter crew to the next for the past decade at least, doing odd jobs and seeing the galaxy. The life of a starhopper has made him a jack-of-all-trades on a starship, excellent behind the controls or in the copilot's seat. But for someone as loquacious as this Iakar, Buimo keeps mum about his life before he left his homeworld of Iakar.

Still, those who live and work with him can't help but notice telltale traces of Buimo's past: The holo image of an Iakaru woman he keeps by his bunk, his ease when dealing with crooks and gangsters, the flightsuit he wears with the logo of the Star's End Prison facility on the breast. Likewise, he sometimes lets slip his deep longing for his homeworld and the people he left behind there—pining that often gives way to a rage that he never really explains.

Description

Buimo is a stocky Iakaru with red eyes and white fur. His voice is deep and gruff. The fringer can be a bit unhinged at times, but he has a tender side that comes out from time to time. He finds racing to be a thrill, and he hopes the team can work its way up into the more dangerous and better-paying races.

Motivation

Exile: Buimo is forbidden to return to Iakar for reasons he refuses to talk about. Nevertheless, he longs for the day when it becomes possible for him to return home—perhaps when the Empire is no longer a threat to the beloved jungles of his homeworld.

Obligation

Debt (10): Buimo woke up one day as co-owner of a starship. Now he owes a sizable amount of credits to a loan shark for it. Oops.

A Score to Settle (10): Buimo has always been rough-and-tumble, but along the way, he's been wronged. His mate, Mukurumanda, was gunned down while trying to sabotage an Imperial scientific expedition harvesting plants for pharmaceuticals. Buimo escaped; Mukurumanda didn't. Buimo is now determined to uncover who sold them out: Buimo's brother, Boram? Mayor Kiunga? Senator Giligili of Iakar? Buimo never forgets a debt, real or imagined, so once he finds out who's responsible, he'll find a way to even the score.

Credits: 76
    Spoiler:
Last edited by SavageBob on Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 11 times in total.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: Buimo, Iakaru Fringer

Post by SavageBob » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:53 am

Still debating attributes. I'd like to boost that Willpower dump stat, but that means sacrificing a 3 somewhere else (even with Obligation). Might use Obligation for extra cash, something I rarely do, but I want to get him a flight suit.

Now that I think of it, I could drop Intellect to 3, and give him a 2 in Willpower and a 3 somewhere else (Cunning, say). I may do that.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:59 am

Loving the Buck Rodgers style of pose for the character. Go ahead and tweak away, we still have some time to hash out the details.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:25 am

kanila wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:59 am
Loving the Buck Rodgers style of pose for the character. Go ahead and tweak away, we still have some time to hash out the details.
Yeah, they remind me of an alien from a 50s or 60s sci-fi movie, so it seemed to fit! So, if we can do +10 XP for extra Obligation, that would let me do a more even attribute spread. But if we're expecting 6 players, that may not be possible (I think in that case, the CRB suggests only +5 XP can be used). What's your thinking on this?

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:58 am

Go with the extra 10 something tells me we won't hit 6 players at the beginning.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:20 pm

Cool. That allows for a more balanced starting array. It makes Buimo more of a jack-of-all-trades, but that's probably good for a game with 4 players or so. The first Dedication will probably be for Intellect, but that's a ways off.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:25 pm

Sounds good, let me know when he's ready to be reviewed.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:06 pm

Current XP Expenditure [subject to change]

Character Creation

Piloting (Space) 1 [from species]

No movement penalties in jungles and similar environments [from species]

+ Boost to Athletics and Coordination checks to swing, climb, or balance [from species]

30 Brawn 3
30 Intellect 3
30 Cunning 3
20 Willpower 2

Career Skills

Astrogation 1
Cool
Perception 1
Piloting (Space) 2
Survival
Knowledge (Lore)
Knowledge (Outer Rim) 1
Knowledge (Xenology)

Specialization Skills

Astrogation 2
Coordination
Negotiation
Streetwise 1

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:33 pm

Starting Gear

GEAR

50 Heavy Clothing
300 Light Blaster Pistol
10 (Military) Belt Pouch (reskinned)
50 Spacer's Duffel
25 Comlink
40 Sabacc Deck
25 Utility Belt

(Ready for your perusal, Kanila, once we agree on how our starting Obligation should be spent!)

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:38 pm

Gear looks good. See OOC for obligation.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:11 pm

I'll leave Obligation 10/10 if possible. That might just indicate that Buimo put down more credits out-of-pocket to the loanshark and so owes him less. I can easily change it if you prefer all of us to have the same amount in debt, though.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:20 pm

10 10 is fine.

Return to “Character Concepts”