swrider
ISB Deputy Director

ARC Troopers

Post by swrider » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:16 am

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Re: ARC Troopers

Post by swrider » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:19 am

Nearly a week passes as the group recovers on Kamino. Refreshed at spending some time back on their home planet your assist as you can with the training of new recruits. One instructor in particular a bounty hunter by the name of Ice takes a liking to the group and has you help evaluate and train his cadets. At the end of the week you are summoned to the landing bay. The rookies are given orders to join your scout team and a new Kappa class shuttle with a few modifications sits in the landing bay. Image A clone mechanic steps forward and hands over the code cylinder. "Shes all yours boys. I was told to inform you that you will be hanging around for a while. Your Captain Cody will meet you here tomorrow"

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:51 pm

”Sounds good. Well no time like the present, let’s check out our new home away from home.”
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:16 pm

Fuse walks along the outside of the ship, quietly observing while he runs his hand along the hull.

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:38 pm

”Got to check out the weapons on this bird.” Blast says cheerfully as he makes a beeline for the turret controls.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:07 pm

Blast and fuse find the ship to be in perfect condition, nearly new. A few scratches and dents on the exterior, just enough to prove that it had been flown to the planet for delivery.

While in the cockpit Blasts notices an indicator light flashing. The light indicated that the ship had received a transmission in the recent past.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:36 am

Wook enters the cockpit behind Blast as he checks out the ship himself. "You gonna flip the switch and listen to it or what?"
Ice stowed his pack in one of the lockers of the Kappa-class shuttle, thinking about how he was actually enjoying working with the clones. Although they all had the same face, they were all different in various ways. He especially found the current group he was working with to be an interesting mix.
Taking a seat in the main passenger area, he decides to wait for CT-1099, no, he reminds himself, Big-Ten. He was going to ask if he wanted him to co-pilot for him, he didn't remember the others being capable of doing so, although a few were decent gunners.

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:58 am

Blast shrugs,”Might as well. I was waiting for Big Ten seeing as he’s probably flying this thing but could be important.”

He reaches over and flips the switch then settles back in one of the gunners seats.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:38 pm

The engines of the ship come to life and a gentle rumbling can be felt throughout the ship. Everything appears to be in operating order, though as always the factory personnel have not done the fine tuning most performance pilots like on their ship. As the two sit back and relax the communication light begins to blink in a new rhythm indicating an active transmission coming in.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Doc sits down and starts messing with the new advanced targeting array while listening to the others. ”Someone should probably answer that. And while you’re at it I can use a hand over here. I’ve got a way to make this upgrade even better.”

Doc immediately sets to work on modifying the new system.
Spoiler:
Doc; Scouts of the Republic ; True Aim mod (Mechanics):
6 Successes, 0 Advantage, 1 Triumph,

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Satisfied with his work, he turned to better listen to the comm. He was happy he was able to use existing parts to finish the job. He could even install another modification once they had more time.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:47 pm

Fuse boards the ships and finds and empty bunk to claim. Once inside he starts unpacking his meager belongings, mostly schematics and manuals of explosives.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:11 pm

The radio chirps on and after a brief exchange verifying that the ship is now in your command you are instructed to gather together the crew. As everyone filters into the cockpit you hear general skywalker's voice come over the comms.

"Men we have intercepted a separatist communication. General Grievous is regrouping his forces and preparing another attack on Kamino. General Kenobi's and our forces are heading to you now but will not arrive until tomorrow. I need you to begin patrols around the planet looking for any signs of incoming ship and vulnerabilities within our blockade. The ships in orbit have been informed of your presence and will not bother you. Any gaps you find relay to us upon arrival. If you notice any enemy activity communicate it immediately to Captain Tarkin aboard the blockade flagship."

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:58 am

”Understood General Skywalker. Will get underway immediately.”

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:10 am

"Ah! This looks like a fine one!" BigTen says of the new shuttle. "Not much for fighting, but it'll do."

"ALRIGHT CREW!!!! You heard the orders. We'll need volunteers for a an Engineer who can copilot, if need be, and....ah-hem....two gunners. How are those upgrades coming along on the targeting system?"

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:23 am

Doc patted the new advanced targeting array. ”She’s all set and ready to go. Just finished a few final tweaks, even I could hit something with this baby!”

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:47 am

”Thanks Doc. Requesting permission to man the turret guns sir.” Blast is already sitting at the controls for those guns.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:43 pm

Ice gets up from where he was sitting in the main cabin and walks into the cockpit. "Big Ten, I can assist in piloting, I have a small ability to do so. Not a an Engineer though, but we can make it work." He says in his usual deep growling voice.

"This cockpit is getting a little crowded for me," Wook says and heads back into the cabin. "Just make it a smooth flight this time, I could use a nap." He adds with a small chuckle.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:51 pm

"That'll do. Ice a copilot/engineer. Blast at the dorsal gun. Who wants to man the front-facing auto-blasters?"

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:38 pm

Blast grins like a imp and gets settled in his position. After buckling in he starts putting the turret through it’s test routines.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:23 am

Fuse thinks to himself; "I should try and make myself useful", and calls Big10 on the comm system. "Sir, do you want me manning one of the guns, or a computer station?"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:35 am

As everyone settles down into their chairs a holographic project of a clone appears in the cockpit in front of the control panels.

"I am CI-X00001, experimental clone intelligence starship interface. Welcome aboard The Starfall. CT-1099 you are recognized as pilot and captain of this vessel. I am designed as an interactive verbal interface with the starships computers. Please fell free to inquire anything of me which you would normally inquire of the computer. All integral ships systems are operating at full capacity. Internal diagnostics indicate deviations within the advanced targeting array from installation specifications. Shall I bring up the most recent scans of orbital activity before take off? As the hologram finishes the question an image of the orbital blockade appears on your screen.
This information was taken at 2301 hours Coruscant time by on-board scanners.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:38 am

"Yes, please do, CI-X00001. Then prepare ship for lift-off." responds CT-1099.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:31 pm

Fuse steps into the cockpit and ask "Who is 'CI-X00001?'" as he sits down and makes himself familiar with the forward gun controls.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:25 pm

The hologram turns towards the new arrival.

"I am CI-X00001, experimental clone intelligence starship interface. Welcome aboard The Starfall. I am designed as an interactive verbal interface with the starships computers. Please fell free to inquire anything of me that you would normally inquire if the computer. the hologram then turns back to big ten.
the ship is ready for takeoff and the tower has been notified of our imminent departure.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:20 pm

Ice looks at the miniature hologram of CI-X00001 and shakes his head. 'This is going to be an issue during combat,' he thinks to himself.
"CI-X00001, can we shorten your designation to CIX, or Six, for the purposes of expedience? Saying your full designation during combat or other stressful periods."

Return to “Republic Scouts IC”