Use LS
Use DS
Update

Next * Update * Edit
crazybirdman
Flyboy

Re: ARC Troopers

Post by crazybirdman » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:39 am

Fuse says to the ships computer "Six, can you please run a sensor scan. Let's start with the area straight ahead. Highlight any areas that are dark on our sweep so we can investigate further if needed."
Spoiler:

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:17 am

As they enter into the second sector, Ice makes a few adjustments to the ship's systems. "I've made the necessary adjustments, Big Ten."
Spoiler:
Ice; 501st; Co-Piloting Check:
2 Successes, 2 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Image Imageare up for grabs.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:04 pm

The group continues flying through the blockade noticing several key structures capable of hiding active star-fighter and boomer squadrons. As you finish your final search senor alarms blare indicating a ship exiting hyperspace. Moments later six additional clone capital ships exit from hyperspace and an incoming message arrives on your communication sensors. Generals Skywalker and Kenobi are requesting a report of your findings.

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:52 pm

”Looks like we finished up just in time.”

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:51 pm

Moments later a hologram of general sky walker appears. "Good work men. We have received your scans. Fighter and bomber squadrons are being deployed to the ambush areas you identified. We are landing the ships to offload the battalions. I want you to help fortify our left flank. Take up a hidden position. We expect the droids to begin arriving within the day.

Spoiler:
I would like the players to make a roll to determine how hard the ship is to find. Feel free to use your creativity and different skill sets. The final roll to hide will be a group check, but feel free to make a few others to improve your odds. Think of what your character would do to help.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:45 pm

Looking out over the sector that they were sent to Doc tries to come up with a potential vector that the clankers would use to attack from.
Spoiler:
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:10 pm

Blast checks over the weapons systems and gets them prepped and lined up along the vector Doc identifies, ready to go as soon as the Clankers drop into the target zone.
Spoiler:

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:52 pm

"Well now that we have everyone else setup for the ambush, let's see what we have to hide ourselves." Ice says as he reviews the scanner log for something big enough for their shuttle to either land on or hide behind. "I must have hit the wrong key, I don't show anything at all. Computers were never my strong suit."
Spoiler:
Ice; 501st; Computer Check:
0 Success, 0 Advantage
0 Success(es) added from talents or equipment
0 Advantage(s) added From talents or equipment
ImageImageImageImageImage

"Hey Big Ten," Wook calls from the main cabin where he is switching through various views of space surrounding the ship. "About a hundred klicks out, maybe at eighty degrees to us, there is a medium-size asteroid we might be able to use."
Spoiler:
Wook; 501st; Perception check:
1 Success, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImage

@Swrider if you need me to edit let me know, in case you have other plans.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:07 pm

Big ten settles the ship into place, moments before sensors start blaring. Numerous droid capital ships drop out of hyperspace (at long planetary scale range from you) and begin firing on the blockade.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:09 am

"Well Boys it looks like our company has arrived." Ice says as he makes a few extra adjustments at his station. "Big Ten you are good to go. Fuse, Blast there will be a bottle of Whyren's for whomever gets the most kills. Doc remind to get a bottle, and not to leave you out Wook, you're on damage control."
Spoiler:
1 Success, 3 Advantages

Free ImageImageImage for the next lucky player.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:44 am

"We'll get pulverized against those capital ships in this shuttle. We'll let them come to us. Be on the lookout for smaller fighters breaking off from their groups. They may be targeting prime vulnerabilities on our larger ships."
Spoiler:
Maybe we can make a Knowledge: Warfare check or a group Vigilance check once they launch fighters to notice if any break off to target something like shield generators.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:38 pm

The battle, mostly relayed form allied ships sensors, progresses more rapidly than others you have experienced. The Droid capital ships continue moving forward accelerating to their top speed. Vulture droids are released as well as bombers each of which accelerates to tops speed and stays fixated on their targets. The clone fighters and bombers move into intercept and the battle quickly becomes bloody. Numbers droids are shot from the sky as well as clones ships. The fighters quickly make it to medium range from your hidings spot soon followed by the enemy captial ships. As the capital ships enter range of each other both sides begin to take heavy damage.

Spoiler:
sorry for the delay guys. If I advanced too far, feel free to back up slightly in the narrative with your post. @DeepSpacer you are in charge of the ship so the first action is on you. I will update the intiative tracker now.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:58 pm

Ice had the ship's systems read for Big Ten to take her out whenever he was ready and had spend the last couple moments watching the scanner for a likely target for them. "Looks like I may have something for you boys." He says leaning back and rubbing at his temple from the headache forming there.
Spoiler:
Ice; 501st; Perception check:
1 Success, 2 Threats

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:58 am

BigTen uses the "Punch It" and accelerates to Speed 3. He'll fly out to short range. "Boys, it'd be helpful if we could boost and angle deflector shields to the front when we go in. Gunners, bear down on a target (Aim). I think we'll target some of those Vultures."
Spoiler:
Maneuver (ship takes +2 Strain)
Maneuver: Fly out to short range

The action was at Medium range, so we can't shoot this round.
"Boost Shields" is a HARD Mechanics check,
Angle Deflector Shields, from rear to front is a Maneuver.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:08 am

”On it Boss!” Doc calls out as he begins flipping switches and pulling as much power as the ship can afford.
Spoiler:
Doc; Scouts of the Republic ; Boost Shields - Mechanics:
6 Successes, 1 Threat

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Action: Boost Shields
Maneuver: Angle Deflectors - Rear to Front

Threat: 1 strain to the ship?
Doc squeezed what power he could from the ship. Though it did put some strain on the system, he could always fix that issue later.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:00 am

”Copy that Bigten. Let’s make some scrap.” Blast calls out as he swings the turret around to lead one of the vultures(aim) and patiently waits for the rangefinder to scroll down.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:55 pm

The rangefinder on Blasts weapon continually counts down. The Clone fighters are having to double back and the vulture droids, capital ships and droid bombers continue a suicide path directly for the capital ships. Within what feels like moments the droids enter your ships weapons range.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:54 pm

Fuse sits ready at one of the forward mounted canons. As the droid ship come into range he ask, "Permission to fire at will sir?"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:26 pm

The holgram clone appears near Fuse. "Get the droids! Zap them into space debris!"
Spoiler:
@DeepSpacer I think we are waiting fro an IC response from you.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:09 pm

"DO YOU HAVE CLUNKER PARTS FOR BRAINS?!?? YOU SEE A TARGET YOU SHOOT IT!"

"Do you prefer they blow us to bits first, and then you shoot back?"
BigTen asks incredulously.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:19 am

Fuse replies, "Copy that sir" as he takes aim and targets the nearest droid fighter . .
Spoiler:
Fuse; ARC Troopers; Gunnery:
3 Successes, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I hope that is correct. My gunnery is ImageImageImage, upgraded twice, and two ImageImage for aiming.
OOC: Debated answering "Say it don't spray it." but figured it wasn't in character for a clone :mrgreen:
As the canon bolts strike true ,he allows himself a quick smile before remembering that there are plenty more targets out there. maybe too many.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:04 pm

One of the enemy vulture droids is explodes as it is struck by Fues' fire.

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:43 pm

”Don’t have to tell me twice.”Blast says as he continues to track the droids. As soon as the rangefinder shifts telling him they are in range he opens up on them. The cannons fire sending a stream of bolts into the formation.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:15 pm

The additional stream of blaster bolts collides with the same wing of vulture droids. Three more of which shatter into oblivious leaving only a single vulture droid of that squadron. The debris from the vulture droids and the other ships begin floating towards the planets surface. Glancing in that direction you can see large fireballs falling through the atmosphere some appearing to burn out while others create large splashes in the oceans, some visible even form space.
Spoiler:
Damage killed one. Damage spill over from the last attack and this one took out another.
4 adv used for a crit which took out another.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:43 am

Anticipating Big Ten's needs as the pilot, Ice flips a couple of the switches on his side of the cockpit. "Big Ten she's handling like a beaut. I like this ship." Looking back at the board he notices a couple of amber lights that need looked at. "Hey Wook, instead of sitting back and enjoying the ride, take a look at dampener subsystem and see it you can reroute if needed."
Spoiler:
3 Successes, 1 Advantage

I'll use the Image for Wook's mechanic's check for repair of System Strain to give him a Image

Wook hops out of his seat and lifts the floor hatch covering the area indicated by Ice. Surprising himself by how quickly he was able to locate the problem and quickly switch a couple of wires around. "Try that. Does it help?" He calls up to the cockpit.
Spoiler:
Wook; 501st; Mechanics/System Strain:
3 Successes, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImage

Wook; 501st; Mechanics/System Strain:
1 Success, 1 Advantage

Forgot to roll the Image[\boost] the first time. @Swrider If you need me reroll or add an extra Image because Wook doesn't have tools, unless there are some on board, let me know.

Return to “Republic Scouts IC”