Use LS
Use DS
Update

Next * Update * Edit
ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Re: Destroy Malevelence IC

Post by ThreeBFour » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:40 pm

Wook looks around the train's exterior. "There's got to be a shut-off switch around here somewhere. Maybe up front near the boarding ladder?"
Spoiler:

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:14 am

Wook moves forward to where he would expect controls to be and finds a maintenance hatch near the front of the train. He is able to make out the text and sees that it is to the train's droid brain. The hatch appears to have been hastily welded shut.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:47 am

"Whoa, fellas! Is this train going to the center of the ship where the hyperdrive is?"

"There's a door on the other side of the tracks. Maybe we should check that out first. There could be a control center there, or something."
says Boss.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:00 am

Doc looked at the welded shut hatch. "Well that will make things more difficult. Think there's anyway to open it without damaging the brain? Boss orbest bet would probably be to get as close to mid ship and walk from there."
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:21 pm

Wook looks over a Doc and nods. "I agree with Doc on this one Boss."

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:54 pm

Doc immediately sets to work getting the hatch open.
Spoiler:
After a short time working on the hatch he manages to pop it open.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:01 pm

Fuse says, "Alright, you got panel off. Now what?"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:41 pm

Inside the panel is a wired mess of circuitry and a large droid brain. A few moments of review show a manual control to accelerate, decelerate and emergency stop.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:27 am

Keeping off to the side so the Doc and Fuse could work, Wook keeps an eye on the tracks ahead looking for, hopefully, the right place to get off. "I still have an ion grenade left, if you want to just drop it in there?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:21 am

ThreeBFour wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:27 am
Keeping off to the side so the Doc and Fuse could work, Wook keeps an eye on the tracks ahead looking for, hopefully, the right place to get off. "I still have an ion grenade left, if you want to just drop it in there?"
"Are you sure we should be taking the train? Doc? Fuse? The center is where we need to be."

"Maybe you can find something out with this droid brain or get us routed to the center of the ship."

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:38 pm

Fuse attempts to gain some sort of control over the train . . .
Spoiler:
Fuse; Destroy Malevolence OOC; Mechanics: trying to control the train: 0 Success, 2 Advantages
ImageImageImageImage
OOC: :( Keeping my failure streak going! Maybe the train slows and we can jump off?
Fuse laments, "No luck controlling this thing. Any other ideas?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:09 pm

"Uh....how 'bout that door over there across the tracks?"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:16 pm

The train jerks suddenly as you mess with the controls and all three of you are thrown off onto a central platform. This bridge section is clearly marked engineering section. As you gather yourselfs together an alarm sounds throughout the ship. General skywalker comms into tell you that they have been spotted and to be on the alert, they are still looking for the senator.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:03 am

Wook picks himself up, about to dust himself off before remembering they are on-board ship and there is no reason to. Orienting himself he reads the sign stating they were in the engineering section. "Looks like our stop guys."

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:48 pm

Fuse smirks and says, "In that case, I did it on purpose. Let's go, the General is counting on us"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:08 pm

The group makes it across the platform with little trouble. They pass deeper into the ship moving past corridors towards what they think is the engine roo

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:24 pm

As you progress down the corodor wook reaches out and grabs boss just before he rounds a corner. The whole group stops moving and the sound of droid foot steps can be hard. The foot steps stop and a communication between count Duku and a droid can be overheard. The Count states that intruders have been detected and is ordering what sounds like six squads of droids and several droideka's to the engine room to ensure the hyper-drive repairs are kept on schedule.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:57 pm

Glancing down you notice the hallways have access grates to a small crawl way under the halls. This area provides access for maintenance. Ducking quietly down into the sub space you follow the droids through the ship. After about ten minutes the droids pass through a door. You are unable to continue in stealth but can see briefly into the room. It is a large spherical chamber with the hyper-drive in the center. Several bridges move out to the center drive. Already multiple squads of droids have arrived and you estimate nearly 20 B2s at least 10 B3, and a droiddekka on each of the bridges guarding the hyper-drive.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:41 pm

Boss whispers to the others, "Whoa!!! Looks like they have an entire army in there!!! We could use some artillery!!!"

"Any ideas???"

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:05 pm

Wook thinks for a second, "Actually Boss, I might have an idea. I've always been good at the athletics side of our training and I think that if I go around to another side of the chamber I can distract the droids somewhat and run like a tauntaun, allowing you guys to destroy the hyperdrive generator."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:18 pm

ThreeBFour wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:05 pm
Wook thinks for a second, "Actually Boss, I might have an idea. I've always been good at the athletics side of our training and I think that if I go around to another side of the chamber I can distract the droids somewhat and run like a tauntaun, allowing you guys to destroy the hyperdrive generator."
"A distraction? Of course! It's the ONLY way. We certainly cannot fight them all, even temporarily."

Those clunkers move pretty slowly, maybe you can lay down a track of grenades behind yourself as you run?"

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:23 pm

Fuse joins in the hushed conversation; "Let's say, hypothetically, a bomb is placed on the hyperdrive. How much damage would that do to the rest of this ship? Would we and the General be able to get to out in time?"

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:17 pm

Doc looks at Fuse while thinking. "As much fun as blowing their hyperdrive would be I really don't like the idea of being spaced. Can anyone see a section that could be providing power to it? We could always blow that up or even over load it to save our explosives for later when we can destroy the ship and get safely off of it in time."

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:56 am

"Can't we just put an ion grenade on top of it and set it off? I've got one left if you want it, although I'd rather leave it by the door over there when those droids start chasing me." Wook says thinking about the best way of getting over to the opposite side of the chamber without being seen as he goes around the outside.

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:14 am

Responding to Doc, Fuse jokes,"You want me to willingly cause a smaller explosion? I'll do it, but it goes against all my training. Let me see what's around here . . "
Spoiler:
Fuse; Destroy Malevolence; Perception: Looking for a power conduit:
2 Successes, 2 Threats

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

okay, looks like good news and bad news, I'll let the GM tell us that the bad news is
After looking around, Fuse says,"Well, it looks like there is a conduit we can take out, that will achieve our goal, but .. " his voice stops short before explaining anymore

Return to “Republic Scouts IC”