Jedi Initiate

Re: Christophsis

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:33 am

"Heads up Commander, you've got incoming. One of ours."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:43 am

"Looks like that's one of ours. Reinforcements? For us???" says CT-1099. "Somebody radio HQ. Are we getting reinforcements? Are the Troopers on the advance? Are we attacking?"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:01 am

Base responds to your call. "Calm down Overwatch, it is only one gunship. Captain and the Jedi are going there now. We will keep you apprised of the situation.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:13 pm

"Overwatch. The situation is worse than we feared. The gunship contained only a sinlge Jedi here to retrieve general skywalker and kenobi. Her cruiser has been destroyed, but before it was we got a message through. Command was not aware of our situation and is only now sending reinforcements. Do what you can to slow them down overwatch."

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:46 am

"Sith-spit," Wook cursed under his breath. Then continued louder, "Well guys I've got a couple of those nice ion grenades. What do you say we find a good place to place them that will cause some confusion when those walking tin-cans happen upon them?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:53 am

"We should space these out to slow them down in intervals. I have two ion grenades."
Spoiler:
1099's Ranged:Light is 'GGG'
1099; SotR; Warfare Check:
1 Success, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImage

1099; SotR; Warfare Check:
2 Successes, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImage

Knowledge warfare seems appropriate to set traps. The traps will be set using your ranged light skill for their attacks. The knowledge warfare check will determine if they are successful and possibly add boost or setbacks to the traps. EASY difficulty.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:19 am

"I agree boss. We each have two ion grenades. We'll use both of Doc's, because he doesn't have much of a throwing arm, and you and I use one each of our own, so that way we'll have two left for tossing if needed." Wook states optimistically, hoping to be able to mix it up soon.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:28 am

ThreeBFour wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:19 am
"I agree boss. We each have two ion grenades. We'll use both of Doc's, because he doesn't have much of a throwing arm, and you and I use one each of our own, so that way we'll have two left for tossing if needed." Wook states optimistically, hoping to be able to mix it up soon.
"I'm content to set both of mine, staggered out towards the end. I am a much better shot with the rifle at long or medium range than I am throwing these things at short range."

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:55 pm

Doc tossed his grenades to Wook. "You may be better at throwing these things but just remember who is gonna put you back together when you are trying to be a hero."
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:38 pm

kanila wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:55 pm
Doc tossed his grenades to Wook. "You may be better at throwing these things but just remember who is gonna put you back together when you are trying to be a hero."

"The only one I trust to make sure all my parts end up in the right place Doc, you. Of course if all else fails our Kamino friends can always just make a new me.....lol." Wook jokes.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:29 pm

Wook's laughter is cut short by a large barrier of blue energy rapidly coming towards them and solidifying just on the far side of the debris pile. Judging from what you can see the force field must be enormous and cover the entire enemy base. A loud noise of marching droids draws your gaze towards the enemy base. Your view however, does not extend the necessary distance and is blocked by the debris from the building. A a loud whistle, more high pitched than the previous one sounds and moments later the pile of debris starts flying near where you are standing. The round obviously emanating from the droid base.

"Overwatch report!" Captain Rex's voice sounds through your com-link.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:56 pm

"Clankers actually thinking for once. We need to get that shield to drop if we have any hope of our artillery doing anything to them." Doc tried to find a way to that would lead them part the horde of droids currently marching towards them. They needed to enter that base if they hoped to drop the shield.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:15 pm

kanila wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:56 pm
"Clankers actually thinking for once. We need to get that shield to drop if we have any hope of our artillery doing anything to them." Doc tried to find a way to that would lead them part the horde of droids currently marching towards them. They needed to enter that base if they hoped to drop the shield.
"I agree." says Ten to Doc.
"1099 to base. The droid army has raised a large deflector shield around their army. Strong enough to resist any bombardment."

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:11 pm

Is it just me? Or does anyone else think they're targeting the pile, trying to blast a way through? Poses the question to the others. "And what's the possibility of maybe going under the shield?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:01 pm

"We can try to see if there's a passage beneath the road. Or maybe we can hide in the debris to the side?" says 1099 as the blasts on the other side of the debris pile get closer and closer.
Spoiler:
1099; SotR; perception:HARD check for sewer grate.
2 Successes, 4 Threats
ImageImageImageImageImage

AH-HA!!! I could have noticed something, maybe a sewer grate. 4 threats could mean a lot of things.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:17 am

The griuo uncovers an access poibt to the electical lines. The sectuon below housing a hallway large enigh for a single person to traverse. It runs allong the path back towarfs base and towards the enemy camp.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:41 am

"They need to change our callsign from Overwatch to Tunnel Rats " Was all Doc said as he lowered himself in through the access point.

He made sure to stand back so that whoever was going to take point could get into position. It wasn't likely they would face any threats, but it was out of habit.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:02 am

"I'll take point guys, I'm probably better suited for meeting anything we might encounter ahead of us", Wook says matter of factly. To him it's not a brag of ability, he knows his position within the small squad and that is to take on dangers ahead of the others.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:54 am

Ten99 goes in next. We need to get into the narrow hallway before we're noticed. Hopefully this takes us to where we want to go. Ten99 will try to estimate our distance traveled as we go.
Spoiler:
If it comes down to how far we go in this hallway, we'd like to exit where we think this shield generator is. I imagine that directional sense and estimating our distance traveled might likely be Survival, maybe Vigilance when it comes to counting our steps, maybe Warfare if you stretch it.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:13 pm

The team travels through the narrow hallway for a quite some time. at first the sounds of impacts above their heads seams to decrease. It is replaced a while latter though with the rhythmic sounds of marching droids impacting the surface above. At what you estimate to be intervals of short range to each other, small rooms with ladders leading to the surface appear. As the rhythm of the droids just begins to fade your journey suddenly ends at a collapsed section of tunnel. You speculate the collapse is either from your artillery bombardment or the explosion of the munitions on the surface.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:16 pm

"Looks like we back track to the nearest access and have a look around.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:44 pm

"Probably a good idea, but let's be careful because we don't know exactly where our noisy upstairs neighbors are." Wook cautions, then adds, "Remind me to grab a droid head when we're done. I have an idea." a slow smile spreading inside his helmet.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:30 am

kanila wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:16 pm
"Looks like we back track to the nearest access and have a look around.
"Absolutely!"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:50 am

The group backtracks to the last entrance. The sounds above barely audible indicating that the army is well past them. As they lift the lid to the tunnel they can see piles of burning debris around them. Debris from the large enemy ship all around the area.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:41 pm

Ten99 peeks his head up over the grate to assess the surroundings. "All clear!" he whispers into his comlink.
Spoiler:
1099; SotR; perception:
1 Failure, 3 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
So.....I missed the obvious. I assumed an AVG difficulty. Even without a difficulty,
I rolled NOW successes. 3 Adv's, so maybe I noticed something else?

Return to “Republic Scouts IC”