Use LS
Use DS
Update

Next * Update * Edit
swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Rookies OOC

Post by swrider » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:57 pm

The new players can start role playing in the rookies IC the veteran players need to finish up in the destroy malevolence before they arrive for the inspection tour.

note to new players. THis is only role play for now. Once characters are approved we will begin with rolls.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Re: Rookies OOC

Post by swrider » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:06 pm

please try out the initiative tracker which displays at the top of all OOC screens. I have set it to a test mode so feel free to play around. Hit next to take a turn. Please don't mess with the update setting, but you can play with edit if you want. this is not used in all games on the board but I do use it in my games. note the destiny pool tracker as well. Please don't play with this as it has the current destiny pool, but note the use ls and use ds links. When ever you flip a force point please use links to update the pool.

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:49 am

Ah...poodoo.

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:52 pm

In my defense, Blast is a musclehead. Still, a simple computers check... :lol:

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:08 pm

@Spiritbw did you get the code for your roll from the dice history page? Or was that the code that showed up on the screen after your roll?
I ask because it was not your roll which is weird. It is also the exact same results as the other roll made around the same time which is also weird.

I am just trying to determine if I have a glitch in my code.

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:23 pm

@swrider it’s from the roll history page. Tablets been a bit sensitive lately and I wound up of the page I rolled on at first.

Bleh, even then I copied the wrong info. :oops:

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:42 pm

It's all good. I was more worried about a glitch in the program

Crow
Scruffy-looking Nerf-herder

Post by Crow » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:03 am

Well this is certainly an interesting situation.

Two things.

First, would we have our weapons with us or do we need to head to either an armory or our bunking area to retrieve them?

Second, Coins would be inclined to immediately follow Blast's suggestion and cut the All Clear broadcast if he knows how, or even if he thinks he might be able to figure out how. Is there a roll appropriate for that attempt?

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:21 pm

Clone typically have their weapons with them so you do have them.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:23 pm

Whoever reset the force pool... please don't. I have reset it to what i remember the pool being. As players you only ever need to hit the usels or useds buttons and it will rarely be the useds or darkside point button.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:50 pm

Please roll initiative

Crow

Post by Crow » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:57 pm

swrider wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:50 pm
Please roll initiative
Done! But please forgive my inexperience here, I'm still not entirely clear on how the initiative tracker at the top of the screen works. Am I supposed to edit it or update it or something at this point?

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:13 pm

Great question.

You need to post your initiative roll here in the discussion forum. (I did it for you in this post, but for future reference).
Posting it in the story forum is also acceptable, as you did.

I will handle updating the initiative tracker at the top. The only times you need to worry about it are;
1) to see if you have the ability to go. i.e it is not an npc turn and you have not already gone this round.
2) when you are done with your turn you click the "next" button indicating that you have gone and used a slot.

Spoiler:
Coins; Scouts of the Republic; Initiative (Cool):
3 Successes, 1 Advantage
0 Success(es) added from talents or equipment
0 Advantage(s) added From talents or equipment
ImageImage

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:07 pm

Spoiler:
So far so good. You’d think we were expecting this.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:58 pm

Crow

Post by Crow » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:55 pm

I’ve been reviewing Chapter VI (“Conflict and Combat”) of the Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook in anticipation of our first bit of action here. (I’ve been reading the FFG books since they started coming out, but haven’t had much actual play experience). Just wanted to make sure I’m clear on a couple of things.

Once @MrTweedy has rolled initiative, @swrider will assign initiative slots. Right now it looks to me like those can only fall either us/us/us/them or us/us/them/us for this current contretemps.

The book says that players agree on which PC takes which slot. Is that how it’s done here? I’ve kind of gotten the impression that if there’s an open slot, then whoever happens to log on and sees it can more or less take it without discussion in the interest of time. I could be wrong about that.

When we take our turns, we’ll make a post in the IC thread narratively describing what we’re doing (probably an action and a maneuver), and drop in the appropriate dice rolls. swrider will have, presumably, told us the range and any environmental or other factors that will affect our dice pools if we’re shooting at the droids (I’m sure we’ll be shooting at the droids). We follow the rules for assembling the pool, make the roll, and then interpret it—spending Advantages to trigger Critical Injuries, for example. We do the interpretation within the spoiler tags of the dice roll itself, right?

After we take our turn, we go up and hit the “Next” button on the Initiative Tracker, and then we wait until our next turn (assuming the Encounter doesn’t end in one round).

Does that all sound right?

On another note, for my fellow Rookies, I have one rank in a talent, Moving Target, that does this: If the character has already acted this round, increase his ranged defense by 1 per rank of Moving Target.

So, selfish as this sounds, I’d prefer to go before the bad guys in combat whenever that’s feasible. If it ever makes sense for me to go last among us (and thus probably after our opponents), I am, of course, perfectly sanguine about that.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:47 pm

That all sounds about right.

Players can either discuss which order they go in, or they can just take an open slot. I am fine with either.

Taking an open slot keeps things moving. To much delay in PbP can cause a game to collapse, so that is a good option. I am fine either way though. The intiative tracker is mostly to prevent the all too common scenario of everyone waiting on everyone else.

In a table top game, I can see your faces and know when you are bored or waiting. In PBP that is not possible. This gives us an easy way to determine who we are waiting on, and if that person has nothing to do they can simply mark their turn complete.

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:01 pm

We’ll have to see what @MrTweedy rolls, but I can understand wanting to go before the droids with at ability and defer to you getting the first spot.

I’d also like to try going before them if possible, if only because I can deal out a ton of damage if I hit on auto and can really whittle down the numbers before they shoot us. If they are minions the more we take out, the weaker their abilities are. So the less likely they are to do a bunch of damage to us.

Crow

Post by Crow » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:07 pm

Spiritbw wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:01 pm
We’ll have to see what @MrTweedy rolls, but I can understand wanting to go before the droids with at ability and defer to you getting the first spot.

I’d also like to try going before them if possible, if only because I can deal out a ton of damage if I hit on auto and can really whittle down the numbers before they shoot us. If they are minions the more we take out, the weaker their abilities are. So the less likely they are to do a bunch of damage to us.
Cool. I don't have to have the first spot, necessarily, I just want to go before our opponents. In this case, it looks like we'll have at least two open slots before the droids, so as long as I get one or the other, that talent will come into play.

Thanks!

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:09 pm

No point in waiting since we know you have at least two intaitive slots at the beginning. Go ahead and take your turns. When I set up the initiative tracker after his roll, I will mark you as having gone.

Crow

Post by Crow » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:18 pm

swrider wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:09 pm
No point in waiting since we know you have at least two intaitive slots at the beginning. Go ahead and take your turns. When I set up the initiative tracker after his roll, I will mark you as having gone.
Excellent! Two questions.

(1) Is the range to the droids short? (If not, what is it, and are there any other factors in play that will affect the dice pools?)
(2) Is the layout of the room such that we can spend a maneuver to dive behind a console for cover?

This is pretty exciting.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:26 pm

Yes the range is short.

The room is a large circular room with consoles along all the wall and a central console with consoles looking gout each direction. Their is also an upper balcony which goes all the way around the room and has a 360 degree window to look out.

Their are two doors the one you are at now and one directly opposite.

Also please note that I called these droids a "squad" I will be using the squad rules for them. This will make them live quite a bit longer and is necessary for the narration of this particular story.

MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:29 pm

Initiative Check: 2eA 1 success, 3 advantage
ImageImage

Crow

Post by Crow » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:32 pm

swrider wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:26 pm
Yes the range is short.

The room is a large circular room with consoles along all the wall and a central console with consoles looking gout each direction. Their is also an upper balcony which goes all the way around the room and has a 360 degree window to look out.

Their are two doors the one you are at now and one directly opposite.

Also please note that I called these droids a "squad" I will be using the squad rules for them. This will make them live quite a bit longer and is necessary for the narration of this particular story.
Thank you. I'm not familiar with the squad rules, but don't imagine that'll be a problem since I'm basically just going to shoot at them and dive for cover!

Crow

Post by Crow » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:43 pm

Okay! Hopefully I did that right!

That was an action to fire my rifle with the listed results, and a maneuver to "interact with the environment" and take cover. If the cover is sufficient to grant me a ranged defense bonus, and if that bonus stacks with the one from my Moving Target talent, the clankers, if I'm figuring this right, will add two Setback dice to their shots at me (assuming that the squad rules don't change that up somehow).

Whoever acts next--Blast or Dusty--gets two Boost dice to their action from my Advantages, I believe!

Return to “Republic Scouts OOC”