Update

Next * Update * Edit
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: Deestroy Malevolence OOC

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:32 pm

kanila wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:21 am
Where are we in relation to airlock? I have an idea.

If we are close make it through then toss an ion grenade close and seal the door with a mechanics check or hope the ion grenade messes up the mechanism.
Hanging a "Do Not Enter" sign on the door should suffice for these Droids (Int 1). ;)

crazybirdman
Flyboy

Post by crazybirdman » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:58 pm

But how would we even hang a sign? :mrgreen:

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:04 pm

I'll let the others go first as I'm the furthest ahead.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:35 pm

He is parralelling them. He will come out at the train platform slightly above where they are at... or he will run smack into the droids chasing the. Once you are in the same area it will be an agility check to jump to their part of the platform or you can hop on one of the trains. You can also cross all the way to the other side and the platform is connected.

MrTweedy
Scruffy-looking Nerf-herder

Post by MrTweedy » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:47 pm

Hiya
Sorry to disturb, but if there is space I would really like to take part in this campaign. I'm a big fan of the clone wars, and I think it would be a lot of fun to be able to play as a clone. I was thinking that maybe a scout type or possibly a vanguard. If there's space please let me know!

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:25 pm

MrTweedy wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:47 pm
Hiya
Sorry to disturb, but if there is space I would really like to take part in this campaign. I'm a big fan of the clone wars, and I think it would be a lot of fun to be able to play as a clone. I was thinking that maybe a scout type or possibly a vanguard. If there's space please let me know!
@swrider would of course have final say for this, although if I remember correctly there was a max of 4-6 players when we started, but that may have changed.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:42 am

MrTweedy wrote:
Hiya
A possibility! Will see what Swrider says. Basically, watch an episode and play an episode. Clone Wars, I think. I didn't see the cartoons so each one is new for me.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:53 am

@kanila I was looking at skills we have (as a group) and I noticed Doc had some oddities with skills. Your last expenditure of XP had +10xp mechanics and +15xp Discipline. But, In the skill listing, Discipline only has 2 Ranks in it (a career skill) and Mechanics (non-career skill) had 2 ranks. The XP spent and ranks in each do not match up for what they should cost you, I think, and the byline in the sheet on XP could use updating.

I think, as human clones, that we got one rank in two different non-career skills. But the only non-career skill you have listed is Mechanics. By RAW, it is two different non-career skills.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:00 am

Initially I only had 1 rank in mechanics so I bought the second one at 10. Not sure how I messed up Discipline. I'll check it now.

*edit*

I had zero ranks in discipline and bought two.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:06 am

@ThreeBFour I was looking at our PC's for the sake of a possible new PC. You get a rank of Coordination, which you have noted, but not listed in the skill list. There is a rank of Cool there, but that rank is unaccounted for. It isn't a career skill. Maybe it should be Coordination?

Basic Combat Training...if you have the two skills, then do you have to purchase it anyway? I thought you got it for free?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:17 am

MrTweedy wrote:
Hiya
Just for consideration....IF there is a spot to join.....and not requesting you make anything in particular.....but here are skills either absent or lacking in the group of 4 clones.

Completely Absent: Astrogation, Charm, Deception.

Computers, Outer Rim, Core Worlds, Underworld, Lore.....but Doc has a 4 INT to do well in those skills, just without ranks.

Skills only one PC has some of: Coercion, Perception, Skulduggery, Negotiation.

That said, Clone Troopers only need to do so much, eh?

Also, only one PC with a 3 in Cunning. One with a 3 in Presence. One with a 3 in Brawn. The only '4' in the group is Doc with INT 4.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:30 am

Welcome to the group. I'll post more later. I'll be quite busy through Tuesday but will get something up.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:01 am

@MrTweedy A clone gets the starting xp of a human. You not get the two free out of class skill ranks, instead you get access to the universal talent tree recruit and a free rank in basic combat training. If you are already proficient in one of the two skills granted you may select another.

You will also get 40 awarded xp 1/2 of the characters who have been here since the beginning (You will get a full award of xp along with them when this current mission is over). There are no restrictions on characters other then they be a clone and be something you will have fun playing (no force users because clones are not force sensitive). I don't care if you overlap skills or careers or if you want to choose something unique. Characters come and go, the important thing is to have fun.

I will be upgrading your forum permissions here soon so you will have access to private messaging and things like that. You will know when it is done because your username will appear in red.

MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:37 pm

Great, thanks for that!I'm thinking a trailblazer would a nice addition to the squad if you guys are happy with that. I'll put something in the character development when I have a bit more time.

Crow

Post by Crow » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:39 pm

Hello! Crow here. I'm new to these boards, and am writing to express my interest in joining this game if and when there's an opening. I've just recently been watching The Clone Wars, and like Mr. Tweedy, find the idea of playing a Clone Trooper to be a fun one. That said, while I have a whole big stack of FFG books across the three lines, I don't have one that describes Clones as a playable species. I hope it's not one of the books that's currently scarce on the ground!

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:44 pm

It not in any of the books. I describe what they get up a little bit for Mr tweety. You are more than welcome to join and once you have an approve character you'll be able to join the story. Your character will have the same xp and starting talent/ bonus tree stated above for mr tweety. I'll unprage you to player status sometime this weekend when I get computer access

Crow

Post by Crow » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:07 pm

swrider wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:44 pm
It not in any of the books. I describe what they get up a little bit for Mr tweety. You are more than welcome to join and once you have an approve character you'll be able to join the story. Your character will have the same xp and starting talent/ bonus tree stated above for mr tweety. I'll unprage you to player status sometime this weekend when I get computer access
Excellent! Thanks so much! I'll work up a character concept and post it over the weekend.

Crow

Post by Crow » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:39 pm

I'm sure the answer to this question is somewhere in one of the OOC or Character Creation threads, but I haven't been able to find it.

I'm busily working up my character, a Vanguard named Coins, and am having fun kitting him out (probably going overboard, but it's easy to edit gear down). I found the post where @swrider said that we're wearing laminate armor with a camouflage mod, but then ran into a little dilemma. The only camouflage mod I can find is at p. 206 of the Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook, and while there's nothing in the mechanics that strictly forbids using the attachment on laminate armor, the narrative description includes this:
For all of its utility, however, this system is incredibly fragile and is not recommended for combat. This attachment can be equipped on any type of armor, but it is nearly useless on laminate and plastoid heavy armor, which is often too bulky and loud to mask properly.
Are we ignoring that phrasing? Or is there another camouflage attachment in another book that I've not yet found?

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:38 pm

Crow wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:39 pm
I'm sure the answer to this question is somewhere in one of the OOC or Character Creation threads, but I haven't been able to find it.

I'm busily working up my character, a Vanguard named Coins, and am having fun kitting him out (probably going overboard, but it's easy to edit gear down). I found the post where @swrider said that we're wearing laminate armor with a camouflage mod, but then ran into a little dilemma. The only camouflage mod I can find is at p. 206 of the Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook, and while there's nothing in the mechanics that strictly forbids using the attachment on laminate armor, the narrative description includes this:
For all of its utility, however, this system is incredibly fragile and is not recommended for combat. This attachment can be equipped on any type of armor, but it is nearly useless on laminate and plastoid heavy armor, which is often too bulky and loud to mask properly.
Are we ignoring that phrasing? Or is there another camouflage attachment in another book that I've not yet found?
The camo mod is just a paint job in this case. I don't think anybody has change theirs since the beginning, or even had time to. I know Wook is still sporting an urban camo, with lots of blaster scoring.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:11 pm

That is correct. It just gives a boost to stealth in the environment it is made for.

Crow

Post by Crow » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:13 pm

Thank you both.

I think I have a draft of CT-8181, Coins, ready to share for comments and corrections. How and where would you like that posted @swrider? As a new topic in the Character Development topic? I can also put my weirdo custom character sheet up on Dropbox as a .docx or .pdf and share a link. It also looks like I could attach those files to a message here, though I don't believe I've seen that done in any of the games I've reviewed and that might be against board protocol. Whatever you prefer, really.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:48 pm

Character development. When it is approved you will move it to the approved character sub forum

Crow

Post by Crow » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:55 pm

swrider wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:48 pm
Character development. When it is approved you will move it to the approved character sub forum
Gotcha. I'll have it up by the end of the night. Thanks!

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:51 am

Been kind of hesitant about asking if there are spots in games based more in the AoR and FaD books than EotE since I don’t have any of those books*. If a spot comes open can I submit a character for this?

*Yet. I might as well be honest it’s a matter of time at least for the AoR books.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:59 am

Lol I run games I don't have boops for. Welcome to the game.

With 6 players now I might run separate missions. One large group but different tasks. We will see.

Return to “Republic Scouts OOC”